Author Topic: Borland pascal  (Read 9286 times)

Offline catopett

Borland pascal
« on: May 29, 2010, 12:15:22 PM »
I am having program who is made in PASCAL, it is DOS executable ".COM"!

I need to find out how to com2bin it
Make a sourcecode out of it!

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
Re: Borland pascal
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 01:28:09 PM »
Well... Ndisasm will disassemble it, but that doesn't give you sourcecode. Maybe look for "sourcer" or "IDA Pro" (an expensive commercial program, but there's a free trial version). Not much information to go on in a .com file. You might find it easier to write something from scratch that does the same thing... or something different - you've got the executable, no point in having source code unless you want to change it...

What's the program? Something "available"? Perhaps more important, what's the licence? This is "illegal" (amazingly!), and I don't think we want to discuss it here, unless the licence permits!

Writing duplicate functionality should be safer - I think the "look and feel" lawsuits are gone... (?)...

Best,
Frank

Offline michaeljreeves

Re: Borland pascal
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 06:22:04 PM »
Borland made Turbo Pascal. They were bought up by Inprise, and are no-longer in business. All (I think) of Borlands original programming products were transferred to Inprise, and then bought up by http://www.embarcadero.com/

I haven't found any support for legacy Borland products, but I had already d/l'd and saved copies of many Borland products: Turbo C / Turbo Pascal etc.

BTW, com2bin is an MSDOS program, so, try the command under MSDOS 6.22.