Author Topic: Which editor are you using?  (Read 9288 times)

Andrej

Which editor are you using?
« on: June 27, 2009, 06:54:59 PM »
I'm starting on Paul Carter's PC ASM book, so I'm looking for a simple editor with code highlight and just a shortcut for build & run. I ask for nothing more, except  the ability to configure the editor so it calls the nasm compiler to build stuff. (well.. maybe I'll need line numbering too :p)

I've tried RadASM, looks really nice. But why the hell can't I scroll up and down with my mouse wheel? What's going on? If there's a quick fix for this, please let me know.

In the meantime, what editor are the rest of you using?

nobody

Re: Which editor are you using?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 09:12:20 AM »
I'm using gvim - full stop.
Martin

nobody

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 01:32:05 AM »
Hey, I'm also reading Paul Carter's PC ASM Book. He's publishing it on a self publishing site. Here's the link:

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/pc-assembly-language/7341484  

It makes it much easier to read. Plus it's a dirt cheap book compared to other programming books. BTW, I'm also using gvim and it works great

Allan

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 10:02:29 PM »
Have you tried emacs? It has an assembler editing mode but no highlighting nor any shortcut for running the NASM assembler. You can download a version 23 prerelease from here:
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest . You may be able to run a shell script inside emacs to invoke NASM but I don't know how to do that.