Author Topic: Sources for win32 lib?  (Read 9432 times)

nobody

Sources for win32 lib?
« on: October 07, 2008, 09:52:43 PM »
where could I find the sources for winlib32?

Thx,
KLOD

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
Re: Sources for win32 lib?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 06:43:20 PM »
For what purpose?

Best,
Frank

nobody

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 12:45:21 AM »
I have written my own macro system to work with golink. Golink does not support libs and I intend to recompile the source files to a dll.
and also for documentation purpose. I assumed the lib to be open source.

Klod

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 04:45:56 AM »
Ah. I asked because, googling for "winlib32" finds me a "winlib32.exe", which is apparently malware. That's not what you want.

I'm not sure which library you *are* looking for, though, Klod. If it's something you got with Golink, it may not be open source - Golink isn't, AFAIK. One I know *is* open source is vid's Fasmlib - despite the name, it works with Nasm, and has versions for Win32 and Linux. I don't think that's what you're looking for, though...

Seems to me Windows has more than one kind of "library". A .dll is a library, of course. Then there are libraries - sometimes named "win32.lib" - which don't seem to have any code in 'em, just function names and what .dll they're in(?)... That may be what you want. I don't know how they're made, or where you'd get source code for 'em (there's a "nagoa.asm" that might be it??? - just a list of "import foo foo.dll" - have to be assembled with "-f obj"). Then there are ordinary static libraries (like vid's library). I guess in general you'd look for source code somewhere near where you found the library...

Sorry I can't be more help. Keep askin' - *someone* must know...

Best,
Frank