Author Topic: new-comer's questions  (Read 4797 times)

Offline goldov

new-comer's questions
« on: September 30, 2017, 01:20:42 PM »
Hi, i am a newcomer to assembly and NASM. i made search in internet and did not find corresponding tutorials, manuals, and textbooks in NASM commands. i have Windows 7 (64-bit, x64). i installed NASM for Windows (64-bit). i also have MinGW_64 gcc linker - in internet i found an example written in NASM assembly for Windows 64-bit, compiled it, and linked with MinGW gcc - it worked. i would appreciate if someone in the Forum would recommend me books, manuals, tutorials for the most beginners to program NASM codes for Windows 7 (64-bit, x64) - i would like to learn commands of NASM and the structure of programing in NASM assmbely for Windows 7 (64-bit). Thanks.

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
Re: new-comer's questions
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 09:51:35 AM »
Hi goldov,

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm not a Windows programmer so I can't help you with that part. If you didn't get the Manual along with Nasm, it's available at::
http://www.nasm.us/doc/
That should help you with the options, directives, etc.

You've done well to find an example that works. A lot of people find a Linux example and are puzzled that it doesn't work on Windows. Windows programming is probably best documented by MicroSoft. There are a few examples around here. You might want to look at Stressful's libraries, etc.

Best,
Frank