Author Topic: Is Assembly Programming - Is Nasm still relevant today?  (Read 9173 times)

Offline rickodesea

Is Assembly Programming - Is Nasm still relevant today?
« on: September 15, 2016, 11:48:47 PM »
Its been a while since I code in NASM.  The last time I coded in NASM I was trying to speed up some routines in a game I was writing in C.  I recently found an old list I had when working with NASM.  On it I had,  Create an IDE for NASM.  I thought, why not give this idea a try.  I have seen a few NASM IDE and they were not very good - might as well someone try to make a really good one.  But, I thought does anyone still focus on assembly.  It seems like high level languages are dominating now.  It's been a year now I had switch to Java.  I might use C with the Java every now and then, but I don't see any reason to use Assembly.  Are there still reasons to code in Assembly?  Are there millions of programmers out there now coding in assembly?  Is NASM still dominating the Assembly domain?  Is it still worth it to make an NASM IDE?

Offline debs3759

• Global Moderator
    • GPUZoo
Re: Is Assembly Programming - Is Nasm still relevant today?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 02:41:48 PM »
I doubt there are millions of active assembly language programmers out there, but it will always be a valid and useful way to write code. I'm sure if you wrote an IDE somebody would find it useful. Personally I do all my coding in Windows Notepad, that's the only tool I currently need.
My graphics card database: www.gpuzoo.com

Offline johnfound

• Fresh IDE
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 03:21:43 PM »
Every language is popular if the people write software for it.

So, why not to write IDE for NASM in NASM?

It is not so hard to be done - see my project Fresh IDE which is advanced IDE for FASM and is self hosted - written in Fresh IDE itself. :)

At the end you will have superior, amazingly fast IDE and higher assembly language skills for all developers.

Writing the IDE in any other language will proof only that no-one needs to write software in NASM, so no IDEs are needed as well.

Offline zolugynnav

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 01:05:42 PM »
The beginners should learn more tips on how to gather the information regarding the programming codes.There are many different ways for improving the quality of the platform.The best essay help is needed for the proper instruction to make them all clear to the students.