Author Topic: The dream came to an end or a new start.  (Read 10828 times)

Offline MJaoune

The dream came to an end or a new start.
« on: February 12, 2014, 03:13:06 PM »
My report card will be out in the following days (Perhaps today). I really don't know whether I will be happy or sad, joyful or disappointed, I just know that I studied really really hard in the examination period. If you would ask me how did I do, I would tell you that I really don't know since I don't like to revise my answers after the exam.

The exams this year were really hard compared to all the years since 1999, they also have different layout. I really can't predict what would be my total average, but I really hope I would get above 90% so I can study computer engineering in Europe or at least a good university in my country.

I am a senior/graduate and I live in Jordan (Middle East). So please wish me luck since I might post my final total grade here.

My heart was pounding while writing this post, I feel really nervous, hope this ends well.

Best wishes,
MJaoune

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
Re: The dream came to an end or a new start.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 12:06:45 AM »
Best wishes back at ya, Mahmoud. Hope you end up "joyful". When will grades be posted? In any case, life goes on, and I'm sure you'll cope with whatever it throws at you! We know you're a reasonably bright guy (or you wouldn't be interested in asm!), so if you studied hard you should be fine. It's a little late to wish you "good luck"... but Good Luck anyway!

Best,
Frank

Offline MJaoune

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 12:39:18 PM »
Best wishes back at ya, Mahmoud. Hope you end up "joyful". When will grades be posted? In any case, life goes on, and I'm sure you'll cope with whatever it throws at you! We know you're a reasonably bright guy (or you wouldn't be interested in asm!), so if you studied hard you should be fine. It's a little late to wish you "good luck"... but Good Luck anyway!

Best,
Frank

What a cheerful reply! Thanks Frank! I really appreciate your message. :)

The results might be out anytime in the upcoming 5 days (Maximum by Tuesday), I will be posting my results here.

The reason I am posting this here is that I want to share my joy or sadness with people from faraway, especially with people as cheering as you Frank.

Wishing you the best,
MJaoune

Offline MJaoune

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 10:03:05 AM »
My results were released and I got 91.6 out of 100 as a total! I am so happy right now :D

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 02:31:52 PM »
Good job! Don't overdo the celebration. Too much of anything isn't good for you. But moderation is for monks. :)

Best,
Frank

Offline MJaoune

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 04:39:10 PM »
I haven't overdone the celebration, in fact, I didn't allow my brother to beep with the car in every street or shoot upwards with his gun. (Its a tradition here in Jordan that whenever there is something to celebrate about like good report cards or weddings, people go beep with their cars and start shooting randomly upwards)

I am not one of those guys whom brag or over-celebrate, no that's not me.

Thanks for your support Frank ;)

Best regards,
MJaoune

Offline encryptor256

• Win64 .
    • On Youtube: encryptor256
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 06:04:55 PM »
Hi!

Congratulations that results were satisfying.

(Its a tradition here in Jordan that whenever there is something to celebrate about like good report cards or weddings, people go beep with their cars and start shooting randomly upwards)

Hmm... And i was thinking, why does planes, birds fall dead from the sky.  ;D

EDIT, added more unserious humour:
Well, i have similar tradition.
When i celebrate something,
i take my axe, and throw into the air, as high as i can.
Then i run after it and try to catch it, before it reaches the ground. :D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 06:14:01 PM by encryptor256 »
Encryptor256's Investigation \ Research Department.