Author Topic: Win64 Experimental Project Manager 1 by Encryptor256 using NASM GoLink  (Read 11307 times)

Offline encryptor256

• Win64 .
    • On Youtube: encryptor256
Hello!

Check this out or fall on my sword! Joke. :D

This is something: "Experimental Project Manager 1" or "Manage files using nodes" or <insert your text here>. :D

Created Experimental Project Manager 1, that eliminates scrolling, for example,
when code file reaches about thousand lines,
then scrolling and finding a needed place in that file takes time,
and scrolling makes it annoying, so, this is first attempt to solve a problem.
A different way to structurise a code,
whole project is using nodes (dynamic data structures: linked list), custom made treeview node control.

See, run time video on youtube, named: Win64 Experimental Project Manager 1 by Encryptor256 using NASM GoLink
See, "runtime" screenshot file, attached to this post, named: "projectmanager1.JPG".
See, "Project Manager 1", source files, attached to this post, named: "win64_experimental_project_manager1_by_encryptor256_nasm_golink.zip".

In runtime video and screenshot you can see how i create Helloworld basic example.
In runtime video you can see, how i save and export Helloworld.asm node to file and what is the result file contents.
Further development of "Project Manager 1" at current environment is impossible(more like (annoying+unpleasant)^999), too much scrolling and project doesn't have a structure.
BUT, it is possible to use "Project Manager 1" to create something better, like "Project Manager 2", because, now, all code is structurised.
It might take time to update nodes, but in larger scale, it becomes even easier, because all code is managed, separated into nodes and subnodes.

Well, some things left unfinished for further development,
like, implementing compile manager, where node export product is passed to nasm.exe, then
read,parse all what nasm.exe has to say, like error, warning messages, then find,
select appropriate node, where error or warning has happened.

Bye!
Encryptor256's Investigation \ Research Department.

Offline HD1920.1

When trying to 'rebuild', nasm throws a huge number of warnings. Is that OK?

Offline encryptor256

• Win64 .
No. I didn't get any warnings at all. Something is wrong on your side.

P.S. In case that might be important - My development platform for this was Windows XP 64 bit edition.

P.S. Additional info:

Are you serious? :D I used one of the recent nasm versions.

That is not a problem, i think i used nasm-warning-macro "%warning ..." that outputs some debug info and forgot to turn it off.

Word experimental might explain all of issues: "Win64 Experimental Project Manager" (left off warning messages that are just debug messages).

I created "Win64 Experimental Project Manager", got needed experience for future version, then abandoned this one, because it
didn't have any structure. Some time ago i started Project Manager 2, abandoned again. :D Because i was not sure that windows platform is that platform i want to focus on. Because maybe some day i might use Linux and so i could use it also there. :) The smarter solution would be to make Web based Nasm code editor, only thing that comes into my mind is to use those Java GUI or Flash.

Bye.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 11:29:46 AM by encryptor256 »

Offline HD1920.1

OK, I think the stuff with the "debugging" is clear. The warnings are something like "moooo", too stupid to be a real warning.

Offline encryptor256

• Win64 .
OK, I think the stuff with the "debugging" is clear. The warnings are something like "moooo", too stupid to be a real warning.

Well problem is in your head, i DIDN'T said real warnings.
I said, that i used nasm macro warning directive to output debugging information.

The warnings are something like "moooo", too stupid to be a real warning.

Well at least it caught your attention. :D

Yes, that is OK!