Author Topic: about nasm  (Read 10792 times)

Offline pup

about nasm
« on: September 01, 2013, 12:33:19 AM »
what language was written nasm?

which compiler used?

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
Re: about nasm
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 01:40:13 AM »
C.

I use gcc. The idea is that it should compile using  any compiler.

Best,
Frank

Offline pup

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 03:04:41 AM »
excuse not to speak English even using translate.google

I am Brazilian

I am beginner in programming and use freepascal and now nasm for my simple programs.

I have as much curiocidade are writing compilers. I did not read any book on the subject yet.

Frank Kotler deseloper you like compilers

if you understand me I Reply

the compiler translates the code for another target language and this language generates an executable file.

then a compiler for a new language will always have the language compiler that generates executable.

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 06:30:57 AM »
I've never been to Brazil. I friend of mine tells me it's a beautiful country. Mostly, I think he likes the women! :)

I don't know what books about compilers are available in other languages. If you can't find anything, you might "have to" learn English. It isn't an especially "good" language, but it's fairly commonly used... and is the only one I know.

I'm not really a "developer". I like Nasm. There were rumors that Nasm was "dead" - wasn't being developed anymore. I found that there was a mailing list for Nasm developers, so I signed up - just to see what was happening. There was discussion about bugs, and approximately where to look to fix 'em, so I was able to make some minor contributions. So I'm a "Nasm developer".  I'm not very interested in writing assemblers or compilers in general.

As I understand it, a compiler could emit machine language directly. Usually, a compiler emits code for an intermediate language, and that language generates the executable, right.

Good luck with your programming, whatever the language!

Best,
Frank

Offline avcaballero

• Abre los Ojos al Ensamblador
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 11:43:42 AM »
I think he likes the women! :)
I have never been in Brazil neither, but I think that's right :)
... and is the only one I know.
What happens with you Americans, haven't never studied a foreign language? Maybe French? German?  ;D

Regards

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 12:26:44 PM »
I "took" French in High School. I was enrolled in German in college. The class met Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday at 8:00 AM. So I'm told...

Best,
Frank

Offline avcaballero

• Abre los Ojos al Ensamblador
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 12:46:25 PM »
Ahhhh, French, what a beautiful language!. I studied it in Elementary School, but in High School I changed it by English... However, Spanish is what I'm best at ...  ;D

Offline pup

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 05:33:29 AM »
Thank you for answering me Frank Kotler

Brazil is a country the very large and very beautiful over I would trade it for the education and health that the U.S. and Japan have.

more thank god the Brazilian people ta organizing and changing for the better Brazil

I learn English next year