Author Topic: My Windows Graphics Tutorial  (Read 16857 times)

Offline avcaballero

• Abre los Ojos al Ensamblador
My Windows Graphics Tutorial
« on: April 28, 2013, 11:41:35 AM »
I've finally released my tutorial on Windows graphics. It is not finished at all, but... well, here it is... I hope you all like it. I keep on working on it... I did it in a hurry so, maybe it may has anything wrong (broken links, etc) ... Only in Spanish for now, sorry, only a bit translated to English... NasmX v1.2 is used in it too.

Regards

Offline Gerhard

Re: My Windows Graphics Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 05:05:18 PM »
Good job.

Gerhard

Offline avcaballero

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 01:37:17 PM »
Wow!, long time ago I wasn't able to get here, don't know why... but today... nasm.us is opened again :). Here it is 3d rotating cube in windows... Turn on and loud your speaker ;)

Glad to be here again...

Offline shellc0de

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 06:34:11 PM »
I can help i traslation in Serbian and English language. :)

Offline avcaballero

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 11:32:42 AM »
Here it is a not working-yet landscape demo.

shellc0de, If you are interested and have time I'll be glad if you can provide me Serbian translation, regarding English translation, I suppose that I made mistakes on that... so if you have better English skill and want to fix them, it would be glad too. You can mail me if you are interested (it is in my web page) write an understanding subject, please. Sorry for not answering before, but I cannot always get here...

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 08:20:58 AM »
Is there supposed to be just the executable in this zip, Alfonso?

Offline avcaballero

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 08:57:05 PM »
Hello, Frank, just executable for now... I have explained before. I pretend to construct a tuto on windows graphics, I have released the code of many of them already in my site, but it is a work in progress. Before release them I'd like to pulish as much as I can, etc When I do a program, nice in my opinion, I'd like to share it. It's a matter of to be glad with that, but maybe I should wait to finish it at whole before.

I guess you don't agree with that, sorry. If you don't mind I will upload other programs I did already (yes just executables). If you don't agree, you can erase the post. Anyway I won't upload anymore until finished. Here a set of fractals and chaotic systems, some of them are 64 bits, other 32.

It's a good point (I think) that you know how many time cost to do such a thing (even if this stuff is not good enough).

Regards

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 09:04:40 PM »
No problem. I was just "expecting" source.

Offline avcaballero

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 12:31:01 PM »
That's ok, Frank ;) Here a Mandelbrot fractal source code, if interested...

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 04:38:36 PM »
Ahhh... Mandelbrot! This is where I came in, more or less. My son-in-law had a book - Peitgen and Richter, "The Beauty of Fractals", as I recall - which had a text description of how to plot the things. After much trial and error, I managed to implement it in Atari BASIC. Took all night to run. I did several other fractals, some of 'em "even groovier than Mandelbrot". When I switched to PC, graphics were... different... My first PC had such an old BIOS it wouldn't do graphics at all. Well, not with BIOS - a program called "Fractint" bypassed the BIOS and would do graphics by pokin' the ports directly. Black and amber tiger-stripes... didn't really look like much. I never figured out how that worked!

For some reason, I never got back into it, even though graphics became more practical. Maybe someday I will... or maybe not...

Thanks for the inspiration!

Best,
Frank

Offline avcaballero

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 08:16:54 AM »
My first computer was an 8086 pc with 512kb ram, without hard disk, one flexible disk 5 1/4, green monochrome screen,... ahhh what nice age of spectrum, amstrad, commodore,... It run smoothly my first videogame: stardust, a space ships shoot-em-up... I have them all yet... working, or at least I think so :)

Offline avcaballero

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 07:17:55 AM »
Hello, I have updated my graphics tuto with the latest demos. Of course, not finished, many things to do yet. Only in Spanish, English version is for the previous one, so deprecated for the moment, till I have time to translate it.

Regards

Offline Sergvov

• Joomla extensions
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 11:40:29 AM »
Thanks avcaballero , I like it , keep working on it .
Thanks again . ;)

Offline avcaballero

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 06:43:41 AM »
Thanks, Sergvov. Here it is a glass effect. I took the image from a park in Warsawa from a trip we did 2 years ago to Poland... You need to unzip in the same folder the exe and the bmp to run properly. Regards

Offline avcaballero

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 06:49:17 PM »
Hello there, if anyone interested I've just uploaded my updated tuto on GDI Win graphics.

There are here many new stuff from the last one though many to do yet, including translating

it to English, but I'm getting more lazy to work on it, though surely I will keep on making

things for it. In the other hand, there're many things that I've removed from the downloable

version, that may be not in the interest of anybody.

Now you can download the entire tuto from here.

Also you can download the libs from here, but you need login first in my forum. The

registering is 100% free, but you have to provide a valid email to complete it. I did it

just for have an idea of how many times it was downloaded (at least one time for my checking

;) ) and by who... I know, I know, you are rather shy and can't do it. Never mind, many

codes really don't need libs...

Besides, there're many new things from last one.

Oops, I must say that the libs have failed while downloading, I will check it as soon as I

can :)

In the end... Good fun