Author Topic: Microsoft ...  (Read 9442 times)

mene mene tekel

Microsoft ...
« on: April 21, 2008, 01:08:42 PM »
Hi,

I upgrated my DevEnv from VisualStudio2005 to VisualStudio2008 ... everything worked well, only my nasm compiled DLLs will not work anymore.

OK, obviously it's a MS problem, for sure. But on the other hand all my other "foreign" DLLs work, i.e. my C++ DLLs and for sure the DLLs compiled with a MS product also work.
Only these nasm DLLs don't! They cannot be loaded, not in the "static" way usinf DllImport but also not in the "dynamic" way using LoadLibrary etc. explicitely. Always results in a "... DLL not loaded properly ..." error.

Perhaps, anybody has an idea?

Martin

nobody

Re: Microsoft ...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 01:47:26 PM »
We had a report, a while back, of the MapAndLoad API returning an "invalid image" error. Numit_or tracked it down to the "version number" that Alink was inserting into the header. He patched Alink so it spat out an "acceptable" version number. The patched Alink can be found in the "files" section of the "win32-nasm-users" Yahoo group (and probably somewhere on his site).

Where you're using VS, I suppose you're using their linker, not Alink.. but that's the only thing I can think of...

Let us know if you track down what the problem is.

(FWIW, Linux is a "moving target" too, but we have source code, so we can sometimes figure out what they did to us...)

Best,
Frank

mene mene tekel

Re: Microsoft ...
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 11:18:41 AM »
god ... yahoo groups down for 3 days, now. Does anybody have this patched version of alink available elsewhere?

@Frank: yes, I'm using alink to generate my nasm based DLLs and then VS uses the MS linker to link these DLLs to the MS programm.
Linux - yes, I agree, if I could I would prefer Linux as well - but all my clients are running MS and they tell me all the time - face reality! Bad luck for me and Linux ;-)

Martin