Author Topic: Beauty of assembly  (Read 8310 times)

nobody

Beauty of assembly
« on: October 05, 2009, 07:35:26 AM »
One need to push 4-parameters to stack and call a messagebox function and the whole process is so visible and i loved it. regretfully i needed to leave that programing environment as there was not much doc/info available supporting it.

in another  assembler situation, this activity of push parameter to stack is totally obscured. you simply enter the needed values like  messagebox, param1, parm2 etc. it is not very satisfying to me.

i want to move to  nasm.
i have the file nasmx downloaded and installed in c:\nasmx.
within bin i find nasm (that could be the assembler)and golink (sure it is the linker to be used with the nasm).

i use windows xp:
i want to assemble and link a console/and window program helloworld.

please let me know..
where do i find the code(for helloworld) and commands needed in this situation?

thank you..

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
Re: Beauty of assembly
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 09:12:22 AM »
You should have examples in the NASMX package. Start with "DEMO1", I suppose... The commands for Nasm and Golink are probably in a makefile, but you can figure out what you'd need if you prefer to use the command line. The NASMX package includes macros for "invoke SomeAPI, param1, param2, param3", but you don't need to use 'em, if you prefer to push parameters and "call SomeAPI".

There are a bunch of examples - an unsorted blob - in the "contributions" package of the download page here at SF, too, but I'd start with NASMX.

Best,
Frank