Author Topic: Any tools that would make comliling easier?  (Read 7313 times)

shin

Any tools that would make comliling easier?
« on: August 22, 2009, 10:50:17 AM »
Is there any tool that would make NASM comliling easier?
I am typing like

c:\nasm\   nasm  test.asm -o test.com
or
nasm -fwin32 hello32.asm
alink -oPE hello32 win32.lob -entry main

everytime while I am studying.
I wish if there are some softwares with buttons in the toolbar that would do the above compiling in one go.

I found a software named "Nagoa" that makes ***.obj file from ***.asm in one button click.  Is there any tools like this?

Thank you!

nobody

Re: Any tools that would make comliling easier?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »
Sure, NaGoA! Or RadAsm. Nasm can be integrated into Visual Studio, I'm told. If you think "one click assembly" is a neat trick, have a look at RosAsm. "Make", or a simple batch file will do it, too, but ya can't click on it...

Best,
Frank

"Kids these days
don't value a dollar.
Don't like to chew
but they sure can swaller." - Tom Rush

mark allyn

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 03:06:04 PM »
Hi Moshack and Frank-

Man, I love that Tom Rush lyric.  I reckon us geezers (66 going on 67) just can't get used to the pace of button poking.  

There is somewhere floating around a NASM IDE that I saw first as a CD in a book by Jeff Duntemann ("Assembly Language Step by Step", Wiley publishers).   It lets you click on "Make".

But, I really think that Make (GCC) (or NMAKE, Microsoft) is the best all around approach.  It gives you the control you want and once the makefile is coded, which usually doesn't take long, you can do the build with just a couple of keystrokes.  My experience, for example, with Visual C is that you end up having to set a lot of switches in various confusing windows in order to do anything outside the ordinary is you want to use the "Make" button.

Regards,
Mark Allyn

nobody

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 04:28:27 AM »
THANKS A LOT!!!!!
Never heard of  "NMAKE" or "MAKE" before but I bought a book on NMAKE today.

thank you