Author Topic: Compiler troubles  (Read 6872 times)

nobody

Compiler troubles
« on: July 09, 2009, 03:28:42 AM »
I'm having trouble finding a good compiler for windows. Everyone is using one, but I can't seem to locate one that someone else uses. I'm just starting, and I want my first program to work
If anyone could help, it would be a lifesaver.

Nick

Jim

Re: Compiler troubles
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:02:22 AM »
Openwatcom.org  good compiler... Kinda complwx command line syntax.. Does have an ide and project   manager...
Visual studio c++ express... Other than adding strong typing c++ does include all of c and can just compile c.
Ming (a flavor of gcc) think this uses eclipse ide... Which is pretty good... Visual studio is by far best.   It learns your syruct's and when you reference it with . Or ->  it auto drops a list with all members... Saves a lot of typing and one can start using long_meaningful_names ...  There is a visual slick edit is another tool for weiting code...

There's another free compiler... Lccwin32... It has an ide too I think

Which did you try which did you stumble with most?  

I think borland still has a c compiler but it never worked and had qorat implementatin on c.

Err worst implementation

Online Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
Re: Compiler troubles
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 01:11:51 PM »
Hi Nick,

"Everyone is using one, but I can't seem to locate one that someone else uses."

What one is that? Maybe we can help you locate it.

" I'm just starting, and I want my first program to work"

Oh, one of *those* compilers! :)

What's your definition of "good"? Some people want a fancy IDE. If it were me, I'd be looking for the simplest thing possible (probably MinGW?) You need Win64 or will you settle for Win32?

Best,
Frank