Author Topic: Object files and address linking for flat file programs  (Read 3479 times)

Offline Deskman243

Object files and address linking for flat file programs
« on: January 07, 2023, 11:35:41 AM »
Greetings chat

In this post I'm trying to go through the segmentation of these models using the org addressing on bin files. I'm happy to resume these topics as a continuing series where links to the earlier posts and code can be found here
https://forum.nasm.us/index.php?topic=2958.0

Just to really quickly summarize the previous post was about learning how to use and make object files from elf types and creating the bin files from this. The difference here is to my knowledge the elf files can not use the option for org addressing so in this 2nd model I verified that the code does work using a bin based setting on the Makefile's settings. To my surprise I observed the SAME results! This is when I realized that I could really use a review of flat file systems. I will be available for any review of this subject and again would be happy to continue the conversation further.

Offline Declan69

Re: Object files and address linking for flat file programs
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 10:43:42 AM »
A flat file consists of a single table of data. It allows the user to specify data attributes, such as columns and data types table by table, and stores those attributes separate from applications. This type of file is commonly used to import data in data warehousing projects.

Myhdfs App
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 03:40:07 AM by Declan69 »

Offline Winifred58

Re: Object files and address linking for flat file programs
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 10:04:53 AM »
In flat file programs, object files are compiled machine code modules linked by the linker to form an executable program. The linker resolves symbol addresses, combining multiple object files into a single program. MyPaymentPlus
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 04:44:03 AM by Winifred58 »