Author Topic: can't assemble simple .asm file to .rdf format  (Read 7313 times)

Offline johntk

can't assemble simple .asm file to .rdf format
« on: December 24, 2018, 08:32:20 PM »
rdf is badly broken when assembling on windows.  When will this be worked on.  I reported this over 2 years ago.

test.asm
section .text

C:\Compilers\x64\nasm>nasm c:\Users\johnk\OneDrive\Desktop\test.asm -o c:\Users\johnk\OneDrive\Desktop\test.rdf -f rdf
c:\Users\johnk\OneDrive\Desktop\test.asm: panic: rdf segment numbers not allocated as expected (2,4,6)

I may have to get the source code and try to fix it myself.  Any pointers on where to look in the code to fix this problem.
John

Offline debs3759

• Global Moderator
    • GPUZoo
Re: can't assemble simple .asm file to .rdf format
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 10:20:29 PM »
It would be easier for someone to help you if you provide some source code that demonstrates the problem.
My graphics card database: www.gpuzoo.com

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 11:37:31 PM »
Hi Debs,

He did provide source code. That's it.

I sympathize with his situation. Better to report it to bugzilla than here. He is apparently the only  user interested in rdf   (Why, John?). It is apparently a low priority. Compare last working version with current to see what changed,

Good Luck,
Frank

Offline johntk

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 09:34:56 PM »
I explained this last year in my other posts.  I am writing my own OS. and I was using rdf but I am using elf now.  It is not that important, I just thought that this was a simple problem to fix but if it is to hard or not worth anyone's time to fix this problem then don't worry about it.  I did put this on Bugzilla last year.  I am doing my OS. development on a windows machine which makes it harder but I have gotten a gcc cross compiler and linker and it works.
John.