Author Topic: looking for tutorials  (Read 5387 times)

Offline isit

looking for tutorials
« on: March 19, 2016, 02:28:38 PM »
This is relevant to questions about assembly, as I am somewhat new to assembly.

I am looking for tutorials on writing the following in assembly.

Operating Systems which can be based on puredarwin and freedos but all 64bit.
Recording studios and digital instruments for the computer.
BASH style software
flight simulators
space flight simulators
simulating the physics of the sun and earth and creating a weather simulator.
3D version of the X window Syrstem(GUI FRAMEWORK)
audio framework similar to jack.
networking framework like apache as a start
you can also write a version of Blender and libreoffice in assembly.

and show people how to write assembly code in R PHP PYthon Ruby etcetera..

Also Im looking to build digital instruments for the computers and could use tutorials on how to make a working USB guitar at home.
Also make it wireless.

I am also working on wireless drum sets and stuff, and you can also build digital recording studios and instruments.

get creative and have fun

Offline isit

Re: looking for tutorials
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 02:31:46 PM »
Also looking for tutorials on how to write assembly web pages and stuff like that so i can do more with the internet.

I want like online versions of operating systems and stuff like that that people can use without downloading.

its a long process but itll get done.

Offline Bryant Keller

• Forum Moderator
    • About Bryant Keller
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 06:12:02 PM »
What you need to do is to go to college. Until then, check out MIT's OpenCourseWare.

About Bryant Keller
bkeller@about.me

Offline ThomasThelen

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 05:25:50 PM »
Like what Bryant said, many of these such as aerospace engineering and OS design can be learned in college; they are fairly advanced topics and require extensive knowledge that cannot be taught from a "tutorial". For example, if you want to make a weather simulator you better have knowledge of partial differential equations, which requires about four and a half semesters (over two years) of calculus courses. But that's only calculus. You're going to need upper and lower division linear algebra courses, mechanics, and probably atmospheric chemistry.

Your best bet would be to learn the basics of NASM and then apply it to these topics as you progress through them. In calculus I implement Newton's Method, calculus II implement some Runge Kutta Methods, etc... and by the time you get to your junior/senior level engineering courses you should have a good idea of program design & algorithm implementation.

Best Luck,

Thomas Thelen

Offline isit

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 04:55:52 PM »
yeah, Im starting to get around to the operating system. I taught myself math so I will end up getting around to the weather simulator.

but yeah, I found it's not going to be difficult to program my os and frameworks if I just take my time with it.

but yeah anything you want to build you can.

for dummies to the rescue, and a lot of just hacking away at the computer.

I may just throw a lot of information out there on another topic just to at least get people thinking.

anyhow thanks for the responses and the advice