Author Topic: Need This  (Read 9840 times)

Offline fritzgamaliel

Need This
« on: July 24, 2015, 04:20:37 AM »
Hi, this is my first post.  :D

I want to create an application like the following URL.
It is only consist of 2 Forms.
[Form 1] http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VQho2pIYIIU/VbGE_7DO39I/AAAAAAAABJc/sBaE8VQxRkI/s320/11751764_1649519458594525_7946751202638879349_n.jpg
[Form 2] http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-a7A9ckX4Tng/VbGFGRkWjkI/AAAAAAAABJk/TLg6L-tHgBs/s320/11753645_1649519448594526_2657598280823376968_n.jpg

In Form 1, if we click Simpan' button, it will do the following:
  1. Do NoDokumen' data checking.
      > if NoDokumen' data already available in file (at server), stop process.
      > if NoDokumen' data not available in file (at server), continue to the following process.
  2. calculate a value (a value of HargaPerUnit multiply by a value of JumlahPembelian)
      and then show its result for Jumlah' column of each filled row.
  3. save as new data to file (at server) and then stop process.
In Form 2, all data in file (at server) will be showed on available ComboBox.
   User only choose what NoDokumen from that ComboBox to be printed out on server.
* NOTE: File can be at Floppy, CD, Hardisk, or USB. File located at computer server.

I already create the Form using int10h (in NASM Real Mode 16-bit), but I can't create the scrollbar.
I want to know:
  > how to scroll it down (for example, until no 10) and scroll it up (until no 1).
  > how to create, write/read, print file like above description. (using int13h) => I know Cylinder, Head, Track, and Sector (Entries).
                                                                                                   But I don't know how to code it like above description.  :(
I also want to create it in NASM Protected Mode 32-bit.
  > The problem is same like NASM Real Mode 16-bit.
     I only can create the Form using "rep stosd".  :(

I think I put this advertisement at the right place, right? :D
I hope someone can help me.
Sorry for my lack of english.  8)

Offline shaynox

Re: Need This
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 10:26:01 AM »
If you want to create an application for OS, use OS internal function, like Windows API for windows.
BIOS's functions are generally for initialize OS at boot.
And don't forget your app 16-bit will not run on OS x64.

Offline fritzgamaliel

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »
Hi, it is too easy for me to create an application using OS API like Windows API.
I want to create an application using int xxh (in Real Mode 16-bit).

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 05:17:48 PM »
Hi Fritzgamaliel,

I'm not familiar with this "too easy" problem, but I get that you want to write an application in 16-bit real mode. Have you got DOS (or - unlikely - some other 16-bit OS) available? You mention only BIOS interrupts. Does this have to be "bare metal"?

You give us links to a couple of pictures - they do not appear to be text mode. Are you creating your own GUI from scratch? You mention that you can create the form, but need help scrolling it. Do you know how to enable your mouse and respond to it? You say that if we click on the "Simpan" button, we need to check if data is available in a file "on server". Do you know how to connect to this "server"? Usually, connecting to a server  and opening/reading/writing a file would be things we would get the OS to help us with, but it sounds like you want to do all this from scratch. I hope not. You may want to try the "too easy" version first. Show us how far you can get, and where you need help, and we might be able to help you more.

Best,
Frank

Offline fritzgamaliel

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 01:48:54 AM »
Hi Frank Kotler,

Have you got DOS (or - unlikely - some other 16-bit OS) available? You mention only BIOS interrupts. Does this have to be "bare metal"?
I don't have 16-bit OS. I create it on Windows.
Yes I want to use interupt for my Real Mode 16-bit application.

You give us links to a couple of pictures - they do not appear to be text mode. Are you creating your own GUI from scratch?
Yes, I create my own GUI from scratch with int 10h like the attached picture.
I also already attached my source code too.

You mention that you can create the form, but need help scrolling it. Do you know how to enable your mouse and respond to it?
Yes, I only create my 16-bit application on screen 80x25 to know how to make the scrollbar. I know if I can set it to 300x240 so I don't need to use scrollbar. But I think it will also encounter the same problem if I add more row at my above code (example 1000 rows). That's why I need the scrollbar. So, I can scroll it up (until 1st row) / scroll it down (until 1000th row) to all of my 1000 rows only in 1 page.  :)
Of course I know how to enable or respond the mouse with interupt. But I use the keyboard to move the cursor at this time.

You say that if we click on the "Simpan" button, we need to check if data is available in a file "on server". Do you know how to connect to this "server"?
I don't know how to code it with interupt.
It's is too little example code of using int 13h to create/write/read file in Floppy, CD, Hardsik, or USB.
And also it is too little example code of using int 17h to print a data to USB printer.
That's why I ask here.    :)

but it sounds like you want to do all this from scratch. You may want to try the "too easy" version first. Show us how far you can get, and where you need help, and we might be able to help you more.
Yes, I prefer to use interupt than API.  :)