Author Topic: tiny mci multimedia player  (Read 8230 times)

Offline avcaballero

• Abre los Ojos al Ensamblador
tiny mci multimedia player
« on: July 27, 2014, 08:23:57 PM »
Hello. I'm trying to make a tiny mci multimedia player. This is the very-very-very first version though operative. You can open a midi-mp3-wav-etc file and then play it, also stop and reanude it, and can demand a looping play of it. At least en W7 works fine... more or less. I need to insert a beep at the end of the file to reanude it from the begining, need to fix it.

I want to implement it a basic ... don't know how to name it... graphic bar guided by the music?. One status bar (I think it is not so hard), and one volume bar (not hard neither). And an avi player (not hard). The more difficult could be the first one.

In short. Any info about that?

Regards,
alfonso

Offline avcaballero

• Abre los Ojos al Ensamblador
Re: tiny mci multimedia player
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 09:21:50 AM »
Hello, a newer version

Now buttons work as aspected: open, play/pause, stop, sequential/repeat, info. The others do nothing for now.

Tooltip changes in buttons with double function when is due, also in volume track bar.

Track bars work fine:
* status bar follows the playing position and you can interactuate with it for positioning the playing where you want.
* volume var works fine, but the order to mci don't.

ToDo list:
* Add spectrum analizer. Will we achieve to sincronize it with music?
* Add play list.
* Get into live buttons that for now don't work
* Make the file name oscillate in its field in status bar when doesn't fit
* Change font icons for image icons. It will increase in some kb the resulting size
* Polish the code.

Other:
* I have noticed that in some cases the file length returned by mci is not right
* It seems that mp3 are followed in milliseconds but films don't ???

Regards

Offline jiminan

• What do sharks eat ?
Re: tiny mci multimedia player
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 09:21:09 AM »
Thanks avcaballero for sharing this information with us, it's very useful information.