Author Topic: How to install NASM Under Windows 7 Home Premium  (Read 7994 times)

Offline sunilpandya

How to install NASM Under Windows 7 Home Premium
« on: February 09, 2014, 03:21:27 PM »
I have downloaded nasm 2.11rc4.zip, i have unpacked the same in F:/ Drive(Since my drive name is F:). I want to know how to install properly nasm.

As per the manual the folder should contain nasm.exe, but folder which i unpacked do not contain nasm.exe to run.

Can this version be run under visual studio? if yes how?

Offline encryptor256

• Win64 .
    • On Youtube: encryptor256
Re: How to install NASM Under Windows 7 Home Premium
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »
I have downloaded nasm 2.11rc4.zip, i have unpacked the same in F:/ Drive(Since my drive name is F:). I want to know how to install properly nasm.

As per the manual the folder should contain nasm.exe, but folder which i unpacked do not contain nasm.exe to run.

Try this one: 2.11 Zip or Installer
Encryptor256's Investigation \ Research Department.

Offline Rob Neff

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 05:37:48 PM »

Try downloading the installer rather than the source.

If you downloaded the source you need to build the executables yourself.  It's not difficult.  Read the INSTALL file for instructions on how to do this.

Yes.  There is a subdirectory named contrib that contains a rules file for VS. Read the document MSVC6.txt located in that directory.  I'm not sure what the highest version of VS you can use with it but I've used it on VS2005.  However, you'll probably have to modify it to get it to work with the latest version of VS or your specific version.  Hopefully someone else has done it ( I haven't ) and can provide you an updated file if needed as an attachment here.

See http://forum.nasm.us/index.php?topic=1602.0 for further info.

Offline HD1920.1

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 06:19:57 AM »
Use the zip file in the win32 subdirectory.