Author Topic: Newbie needing help  (Read 8620 times)

nobody

Newbie needing help
« on: August 03, 2006, 04:16:06 PM »
Until now I always programmed in 16-bit mode with turbo assembler and now I am trying to write 32 bit code.
I have a terrible problem with libraries: I downloaded from many sites windows.inc, kernel32.dll, user32.dll, but every time I try to compile a source file, the included libraries cause many errors.
Could you tell me what is wrong?? (damn, the old interrupts were so reliable!!)

Fabrizio newbie

nobody

Re: Newbie needing help
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 04:47:22 AM »
Int 80h is *still* reliable! :)

I understand your frustration with libraries - the only thing I ever got "-f win32" output to link with was the libraries with the "masm32" package.

Using "-f obj", and using an "import" statement with every API, I could link using Alink without a library. Well... without anything with a ".lib" extension - the ".dll"s are the "real" libraries, of course, and they come with the system...

When I was attempting Windows programming (very little), the NaGoA package was the newest and most active. Now there's a "nasm32" project:

http://www.asmcomunity.net/projects/nasm32

This has apparently just switched from using "-f obj" to "-f win32" output format, and uses Pelle Orinius' "polink" instead of Alink. Should have everything you need. The only part of it I've used is the libc macros (earlier version), and with a little tweaking, got that working on Linux. Looks like a nice package...

If you continue to have trouble, try posting the exact error message(s) you're getting, and maybe we can help you figure it out.

Best,
Frank

nobody

Re: Newbie needing help
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 06:32:06 PM »
Int 80h is cool :-)
Thank you very much for the suggestions and for the link: I begin to read nasm32 project straight away

Fabrizio Newbie