Author Topic: Key captcha  (Read 11846 times)

Offline iVision

Key captcha
« on: July 23, 2013, 05:49:20 PM »
Hello,
Does the Key Captcha thingy disappear when you reach x amount of posts (when the board things, okay he isn't a bot)? I don't even have much yet, but its getting annoying already finishing that picture at every reply. If not maybe a suggestion to let it pop up all the time at the first 10 posts and then only random like 20% chance or something?

Regards

Offline dogman

Re: Key captcha
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 06:32:57 PM »
6 posts seem like the crossover point. I spent an extra 10 minutes per post for those first six. Somebody owes me a lot of money...

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 06:48:44 PM »
Jeez, dogman, we thought you were volunteering that time! :)

Seriously, I apologize for the hassle. I signed up when it was easier... or I probably wouldn't be here. I blame the spammers, not the management of this Forum. Thanks for the information that 6 is the magic number!

Best,
Frank

Offline dogman

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 07:06:59 PM »
Haha I didn't mean you. I meant the wingnut who invented the key captcha. Probably somebody at google. It's not bad enough they archive every bit that flows across the net and hand it over to Snowden (oops) but they also stop humans from using websites when all the websites want to do is disable the googlebots and webscrapers!

Offline iVision

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 07:36:22 PM »
6 posts seem like the crossover point. I spent an extra 10 minutes per post for those first six. Somebody owes me a lot of money...

Okay that is nice, I noticed its gone now :)
Why is the number 6? 5 would make more sense.. :P

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 08:52:07 PM »
"Why three strikes, Mr. Doubleday?" (a baseball reference, if you don't get it)

Why 5? Seems to me if we've determined that you're not a 'bot once, you aren't likely to turn into one. Never can tell - MK-ultra, y'know. :)

For now, "it is what it is". Maybe can be "improved" someday.

Best,
Frank