Author Topic: Spam Bots  (Read 8685 times)

Offline Gerhard

Spam Bots
« on: February 10, 2013, 05:09:29 PM »
Before I can reach the login site, comes another Windows that says "You are a Spam bot". I had to compute 2 simple mathematical equations. So again: I'm not a spam bot. Is that the normal procedure for new forum members?

Gerhard

Offline Keith Kanios

• Personal Homepage
Re: Spam Bots
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 12:39:05 AM »
Depends on how you define normal for the modern Internet.

Dynamic IP addresses and botnets are common, so I would suspect that your IP address (at the time of signing up) was previously identified as a source of spam, hence the verification.

In short, don't take it personally. Spam is mainly automated, and thus we must play that "cat and mouse" game by utilizing automated anti-spam solutions, lest we drown in the sewers of the Internet... not to be confused with Facebook.

Offline Gerhard

Re: Spam Bots
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 05:14:44 PM »
Hi Keith,

In short, don't take it personally. Spam is mainly automated, and thus we must play that "cat and mouse" game by utilizing automated anti-spam solutions, lest we drown in the sewers of the Internet... not to be confused with Facebook.

I don't take it personally and I know the point with automated spam. I had posted into several threads and that should be the proof that I'm not a spam bot.

Anyway, the login procedure works for me now and that's okay.

Gerhard