Author Topic: INVOKE macro?  (Read 11351 times)

Offline wyvern666

INVOKE macro?
« on: December 24, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »
Simply this, there is something like INVOKE for Nasm?. Thanks

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
Re: INVOKE macro?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 05:33:43 PM »
Yeah. The best part of Nasm not having these things built in is that anyone can write their own. The worst part is that everybody does! :) Probably the most flexible would be in the NASMX package:

http://nasmx.sourceforge.net/

Best,
Frank

Offline wyvern666

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 06:38:52 PM »
Thanks, i got it now, but whit NASMX and the include enviromen var setted i have this message: "more than one input file".... this doesnt happen with NASM alone.

Offline Frank Kotler

• NASM Developer
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 08:30:23 PM »
Mmmmm... that shouldn't happen. Space in a PATH name, perhaps? If this is in NASMOPT, see here for a possible way to fix it:

http://www.nasm.us/xdoc/2.09.10/html/nasmdoc2.html#section-2.1.28

I used to use just "progra~1", myself. Spaces in filenames, although they have become "legal", cause endless problems, and are a bad idea, IMHO!

If that isn't it, get back to us with exactly what you did...

Best,
Frank

Offline wyvern666

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 03:37:11 PM »
Thanks, now it works, but not because mi path had spaces... is working because no reason... xD. Lately im experimenting some strange things with the PATH and the comand line... for example sometimes i call some program in CMD and i get the response from another program... i tried to "clean" the path from unnecesary things but the problem persists and is really unpredictable, so maybe this was the reason the NASMENV was not working fine the first time.

Offline Rob Neff

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 04:40:02 PM »
When setting an include path using NASMENV make sure you including the trailing slash.  Two files are provided in the package that do this for you are setpaths.bat(dos) and setpaths.sh(linux).  You may need to edit the files point to your install directory.  Once edited, simply run the script before assembling.