Author Topic: NASM compile into a executable file on windows such as ".com"  (Read 31232 times)

Offline MJaoune

Re: NASM compile into a executable file on windows such as ".com"
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 01:00:00 AM »
Insert Quote
I appreciate your confidence, Mahmoud, but that's incorrect. I'm an "experienced beginner" (getting to be quite a lot of experience), but I have by no means "mastered" assembly language! I barely know how to use the FPU, and xmm/mmx/sse is a complete mystery to me! There's a whole lot of it to learn!

And, FWIW, I don't "get" C++ at all. To be sure,

Programming (in any language) is a wide ocean, you wont learn everything unless you concentrate all your time on it. I meant by mastering it, is that you can help anyone in need, and you do.

Offline JoeCoder

Re: NASM compile into a executable file on windows such as ".com"
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 09:23:51 AM »
Insert Quote
I appreciate your confidence, Mahmoud, but that's incorrect. I'm an "experienced beginner" (getting to be quite a lot of experience), but I have by no means "mastered" assembly language! I barely know how to use the FPU, and xmm/mmx/sse is a complete mystery to me! There's a whole lot of it to learn!

And, FWIW, I don't "get" C++ at all. To be sure,

Programming (in any language) is a wide ocean, you wont learn everything unless you concentrate all your time on it. I meant by mastering it, is that you can help anyone in need, and you do.

Most of the languages today are so big nobody can master them. Even Stroustrup doesn't know all of C++ and Gosling doesn't know all of Java.
If you can't code it in assembly, it can't be coded!