Related Projects > NASMX

Using NASMX generates invalid executable

<< < (2/2)

aVoX:
Hey, I started coding all over in a new directory with empty files and I seem to be unable to reproduce the error without using /mix. I believe that the build script I talked about before did not get updated, when I saved (nearly impossible) or I edited a wrong build script from the beginning (also not very likely), however everything seems to be in order now.

--- Quote from: Frank Kotler ---I've been doubtful from the start that NASMX could be the issue.
--- End quote ---
I've been too, but for reasons stated above (in my 1st post), it seemed almost obvious that the error is located within NASMX, and I ask to be excused about blaming NASMX ;D

--- Quote from: Frank Kotler ---Alink produced an .exe. I have no idea if Windows will eat it or not.
--- End quote ---
No, it wouldn't, because Windows can't find _GetModuleHandleA@4 in kernel32.dll.

Anyways, thanks to all of you for your support, I'll head back if I happen to find something suspicious again.

Frank Kotler:
I guess GeModuleHandle is in user32.dll(?). I knew I should have looked it up! Thanks for trying it and letting me know. Going back to Alink probably wouldn't be a good option anyway (no 64-bit support), but it's something I could try in Linux...

You're excused for blaming NASMX. The actual cause of the problem you encountered was - and is - confusing. If you discover what was doing it, let us know, but if it's working it's working!

Best,
Frank

Bryant Keller:

--- Quote from: Frank Kotler on September 15, 2013, 05:37:41 PM ---I can't run GoLink in Linux. I can, however run Alink (with some help from a poster Stewart(?) here - long ago - I got it to build on Linux). So I tried it. Avox's code as posted above... I had to flip the backslashes to forward slashes to get the includes to open, but otherwise left it alone. Got a couple of "unresolved external" errors. I remember hearing that we could create our own library by using the "import" directive and assembling as "-f obj". So I did so. I ASSumed that both were in kernel32.dll. This may not be correct. In any case, Alink produced an .exe. I have no idea if Windows will eat it or not.
--- End quote ---

I'm surprised you were able to get a working object file. NASMX does a lot of prep-work based on __OUTPUT_FORMAT__, but OMF/OBJ is not a format that NASMX has supported in many years. Last bit of OMF/OBJ support was in 2006 when it was dropped in favor of MS-COFF. While we're on the subject, around the same time I realized that DJGPP's LD doesn't work with NASMX (still doesn't) because it doesn't use MS-COFF, rather a custom COFF format.

--- Quote from: Frank Kotler on September 15, 2013, 05:37:41 PM ---(I'm so stubborn I won't even run WINE!)
--- End quote ---

You and me both brother. lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version