NASM Forum > Example Code

Windows GDI animation with semitransparent pixels and custom shape 64 bits

<< < (2/2)

BalticMusicFan:
Thanks for the heads up!

I was experimenting with export labels feature to figure out best way how to properly sort and annotate code pieces so looking at them would make sense what each code block is about to accomplish for programs that are at reasonable size. Preparing myself for greater challenges.
So far figured out one rule that serves well: Every Label Name Is Correct And Unique no matter how labelled position is reached. It is drastic against usage of if elseif else blocks because you are not forced to name them unique, though I have not intended to blame them in first place. Unintended consequences for otherwise nice features.

--- Quote from: Frank Kotler on January 30, 2018, 07:39:43 PM ---Thanks, BalticMusicFan!

Nasm's Windows users need all the help they can get from each other!

Best,
Frank

--- End quote ---

Frank Kotler:
Well, thanks again in any case. I think you'll find that after four(?) posts you'll be allowed to attach files. I blame the spammers for the fact that the Forum is such a PITA.

Beginners hoping to program for Windows often find an example for Linux, which of course won't work. Your comments at the top of the file showing command lines for Nasm and GoLink are a great help. Nasm will do a lot of things, and the wrong commend line is no help. I haven't worked with Windows since win98 was current, so I can't help much.

Best,
Frank

BalticMusicFan:
So there goes first and most likely final changelog. Last version is available at GitHub https://github.com/BalticMusicFan/messageboxa-x64 .

* This app is now aware of resolution change and colour depth change. When display colour depth is set to 8 bits, semitransparent pixels are made visible.
* Window colour now changes every frame (I hope it is not too flashing), so it is no longer boring black. Because of this, you might see tearing and significant GPU usage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version