Author Topic: Discouraging anti spam feature  (Read 15954 times)

Offline dalfonso01

Discouraging anti spam feature
« on: May 04, 2014, 08:41:48 AM »
Hi,
I would just say that as useful as it is, this anti spam, as it configured, discourages participation. I wanted to remove some bad spelled words in my posts to be clearer and respectful of others reading, but it is a boring process as you need to compose houses, bananas or grapes.

The only idea to confront every time with this bore is a good reason to stay sadly away. So I would configure a more simple way to manage this need, just a proposal.

Thanks, now I have a car on 1920 to build to send this post about it.
Let's go...

Offline fixit

Re: Discouraging anti spam feature
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 03:18:45 AM »
Those captchas drive me crazy 2. :-)

Offline smaudet

Re: Discouraging anti spam feature
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 11:48:02 AM »
I had an idea, if you have above so many posts, the frequency that you need to complete these goes down? So after 10 posts you only have to complete it one of three times, after 20 one of four, after 30 one of five, etc. until at 100 its one of 50 times, 1000 one of 100 times, 10000 one of 1000 times, etc.

And then if some dedicated person writes something to do this anti-spam solving or just manually solves a bit in order to spam, then the mods could increase the number of times for that account.

I don't see why somebody who's an active positive contributor should need to do all these silly drag and drop image things.